We believe that Fareham Creek can offer you and your pet some unique advantages compared to other practices in the area. Among those factors that our clients have pointed out to us make a big difference for them and their pet are:
- This Surgery is independent, owned and managed by a vet and has been serving the Fareham and surrounding area for many many years. Why does this matter? The owner of the practice lives locally and tries to serve the local community and support local projects. Every vet that works at Fareham Creek has the autonomy to do what is best for the pets that they treat and their owners. They are not answerable to practice managers looking at their performance and sales.
- Our practice is accredited as a general practice under the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Practice Standards Scheme. To find out what this means, click here.
- Our practice offers the convenience of a three-vet, well-equipped surgery at one location and in one facility. Because of this it is easier for you to get to know your vet and for us to deliver a more personal service. Whether your pet needs advanced or routine health care, diets, prescriptions or health-care products you will find it or can order it from our surgery. You can ask to see the vet of your choice if you wish which ensures a continuity of care that is difficult to achieve in larger practices. Despite being a relatively small practice we have a wealth of diagnostic equipment to help us investigate and treat many medical and surgical conditions; you can find out more about this by clicking here
- We are available to our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We run an appointment system throughout the day. Emergency service is provided after hours through the Vets Now emergency clinic providing truly round the clock care for emergency cases.
- Many of our staff have been with our practice for many years now. For our profession this is unusual. What this means for our clients is that we have a relationship with them and their pet. It also means our staff have a wealth of training and experience for their roles and they care greatly about their job.
- Our vets make every effort to stay abreast of the rapidly changing veterinary field through continuing education. We bring this knowledge with us to the consulting room where we discuss options available for you and your pet. We see our role as educators rather than a sales people. Our clients are always offered the best standard of care available for their pet along with options which may be available. We work with our clients to determine what is best for them and their pet. An estimate for fees is provided and discussed with our clients.
- We diagnose before we treat. We always try to develop an understanding of what the problem is before deciding on treatment. We believe in preventive medicine because your pet will have a better quality of life and we will save our clients unnecessary expense by preventing health issues in the first place. We also believe that by recommending regular health checks along with evaluation and monitoring of your pets organ function through blood profiles and urinalysis allows us to catch problems early before more serious health problems develop.
If the above represents value to you, we will happily welcome you to the practice.